Hello Aliens! In This We're Going To Discuss About A Important Topic! Let's get in.
Normally when people meet me during events or maybe online on Facebook or in fact and YouTube comments as well, we had this frequently asked question, which is how do I improve my programming skills or logical skills? Sometimes difficult to answer those questions. So I wrote this article just to answer that, certain steps you can follow to improve your programming skills. Now, I can have seven steps or five steps, but I went for this number five because I love it.
So before improving your program skill is the first thing you need is a programming knowledge. And of course right you do must have started with any of the language we see C, C++, Java, Python or JavaScript. And you might be doing this syntax of it because that's what we do. So when you say you are learning a programming language, the first thing you learn is a syntax. Now, different languages have different syntax. And that's why, you know, once you learn one language that to see it is easier for you to learn C++ and then Java, because they all follow the same syntactical paradigm.
The thing is, once you have learned this syntax, the next thing you have to follow the five steps so that you can work on your skills. So the first step is that these algorithms and data structures. Now, when you learn a language, you'll feel you know everything. But that's not the case, because when you learn a language, you learn syntax and you know, if you want to implement it. Let's say if I give you up on the statement and you have to convert that problem statement into a code or software, it started that process first.
You have to convert that problem statement into a solution. And that will be on steps. And that's what we call it as algorithms. And then we convert that algorithm into code. Now, when I give you an example, let's say if you want to find a given number is odd or even I know in your brain somewhere there's an algorithm which you have already know , what you do is convert that into code
But if we talk about big problem statements. So first you have to convert that into algorithms and you need practice for that. And for practicing that, you have to solve some existing algorithms. You know, if you open a new algorithm book, you have this searching and sorting techniques. So you have to have refer for those things first. So because those algorithms and also data structures like we have linked list , we have list ,so practice all those things, all those things together, because there are some algorithms which works with this data structure that will be a first step.
And there's also a way of writing. What I would recommend is just just see some other people's code. And now it is we have this huge repository as GitHub, in fact, not just GitHub. We have different available sites as well. But GitHub is my favorite. So what you can do is try to read other people's code because it might give you a new way of writing code.
The same thing which you are writing. But I definitely like the syntax. Well, I mean, same the the output will remain same, but the way you write a chord with change. So what you will do is just go to get. And as they are someplace, I mean they will just have a look on those things. The moment you watch those quotes, when you'll see those codes , it will make an impact on your brain.
And next time you go to code , it will be helpful.
Now,
Now, step three is my personal experience. The way I have improved my programming skills is by participating in the competition. So when I was in my college, I had to participate in multiple colleges or multiple college events. So maybe a coding event or debugging event or maybe a quiz events. So initially I used to I used to lose all those games, but then later on I started winning it because I was practicing it.
So initially, of course, you will lose because I don't know how to compete and the later on. The more the more you compete, the more you will know how exactly write A code . Now, nowadays, if you don't want to visit an college you can do it online. So we have this thing called this competitive Programming's. So if you can compete with people, you know, on different websites like Hackerone etc. We have good chefs.
So just compete with people because they will. So what happens is this website will give you a problem statement and you have to convert that statement into a solution. So, of course, you have to write a code. And when normally when you submit your code, maybe they will not accept and they will reject your code. And that's where the learning starts, because initially you will get rejected. I got rejected multiple times and later on. Luckily, one of my code got elected.
That's what that what motivates you, right? So you have to participate in competition because it will teach you how to code. Second, it will teach you how to code efficiently. And then it will teach you how to debug. And that's important.
For now, it might sounds weird, but don't stick to one language. Try to explore more languages. The thing is, we all love some languages. Right? Example, but I love Python . There are people who love java and we know some people love php. Don't stick to one language because your language might be best, but all the languages, they have some good things and some bad things or some some short comings.
So when you learn another language, it will teach you.
Right. So learn other languages because they have some extra features which you can implement in your language. And
I'm not saying from day one, but after learning a programming language would be a syntax and then implementing all the steps. It's time to get time for you to build a project. Now it can be any project. Doesn't matter, you know, because we all have some passion to write something as like some hobby. Maybe you you like to watch movie. Maybe you'd like to read a book. Maybe. I like playing games. I maybe be your photographer.
What you can do is you can build a project for yourself. So the first project should be for yourself. Example, if you love music, make music player. if you like games, make your own game. And that would be a first step because when you are doing something by yourself, you will feel good about it. Right. And of course you will get stuck somehow because this is your first project and there's multiple way can solve.
Just go to Google and search for your problem. And trust me, Google knows everything. Right? We also have this type website stackoverflow.com which will help you with the code. Okay. Don't just copy paste the code , because that's what most people do. Try to understand the code, what they are saying. Try it out and try to customize it the way you want it. Don't just copy paste it because it might lead to bugs. And trust me, bugs are harmful.
Now, after this five steps, let me just to beat those steps. First one is practice algorithms and data structures. The second one is read other people's code. Third one is competitive programming. The fourth one is exploring other languages. And the fifth one is build A project.
So that's it from this article. I hope this article was helpful to you. Let me know in the comments section
Normally when people meet me during events or maybe online on Facebook or in fact and YouTube comments as well, we had this frequently asked question, which is how do I improve my programming skills or logical skills? Sometimes difficult to answer those questions. So I wrote this article just to answer that, certain steps you can follow to improve your programming skills. Now, I can have seven steps or five steps, but I went for this number five because I love it.
So before improving your program skill is the first thing you need is a programming knowledge. And of course right you do must have started with any of the language we see C, C++, Java, Python or JavaScript. And you might be doing this syntax of it because that's what we do. So when you say you are learning a programming language, the first thing you learn is a syntax. Now, different languages have different syntax. And that's why, you know, once you learn one language that to see it is easier for you to learn C++ and then Java, because they all follow the same syntactical paradigm.
The thing is, once you have learned this syntax, the next thing you have to follow the five steps so that you can work on your skills. So the first step is that these algorithms and data structures. Now, when you learn a language, you'll feel you know everything. But that's not the case, because when you learn a language, you learn syntax and you know, if you want to implement it. Let's say if I give you up on the statement and you have to convert that problem statement into a code or software, it started that process first.
You have to convert that problem statement into a solution. And that will be on steps. And that's what we call it as algorithms. And then we convert that algorithm into code. Now, when I give you an example, let's say if you want to find a given number is odd or even I know in your brain somewhere there's an algorithm which you have already know , what you do is convert that into code
But if we talk about big problem statements. So first you have to convert that into algorithms and you need practice for that. And for practicing that, you have to solve some existing algorithms. You know, if you open a new algorithm book, you have this searching and sorting techniques. So you have to have refer for those things first. So because those algorithms and also data structures like we have linked list , we have list ,so practice all those things, all those things together, because there are some algorithms which works with this data structure that will be a first step.
➢ Step 2
Second step would be, you know, when you learn a language and when you implement that in your own way, if I give up on statement, you will write your own code . But sometimes the code which you write is not the correct way. I'm not saying it will not give you the right output, but sometimes what also important is the way you write a code. The the compactness of your code, the efficiency, the speed efficiency.And there's also a way of writing. What I would recommend is just just see some other people's code. And now it is we have this huge repository as GitHub, in fact, not just GitHub. We have different available sites as well. But GitHub is my favorite. So what you can do is try to read other people's code because it might give you a new way of writing code.
The same thing which you are writing. But I definitely like the syntax. Well, I mean, same the the output will remain same, but the way you write a chord with change. So what you will do is just go to get. And as they are someplace, I mean they will just have a look on those things. The moment you watch those quotes, when you'll see those codes , it will make an impact on your brain.
And next time you go to code , it will be helpful.
Now,
➢ Step 3
Now, step three is my personal experience. The way I have improved my programming skills is by participating in the competition. So when I was in my college, I had to participate in multiple colleges or multiple college events. So maybe a coding event or debugging event or maybe a quiz events. So initially I used to I used to lose all those games, but then later on I started winning it because I was practicing it.
So initially, of course, you will lose because I don't know how to compete and the later on. The more the more you compete, the more you will know how exactly write A code . Now, nowadays, if you don't want to visit an college you can do it online. So we have this thing called this competitive Programming's. So if you can compete with people, you know, on different websites like Hackerone etc. We have good chefs.
So just compete with people because they will. So what happens is this website will give you a problem statement and you have to convert that statement into a solution. So, of course, you have to write a code. And when normally when you submit your code, maybe they will not accept and they will reject your code. And that's where the learning starts, because initially you will get rejected. I got rejected multiple times and later on. Luckily, one of my code got elected.
That's what that what motivates you, right? So you have to participate in competition because it will teach you how to code. Second, it will teach you how to code efficiently. And then it will teach you how to debug. And that's important.
➢ Step 4
For now, it might sounds weird, but don't stick to one language. Try to explore more languages. The thing is, we all love some languages. Right? Example, but I love Python . There are people who love java and we know some people love php. Don't stick to one language because your language might be best, but all the languages, they have some good things and some bad things or some some short comings.
So when you learn another language, it will teach you.
Right. So learn other languages because they have some extra features which you can implement in your language. And
➢ Step 5
There're steps, which is very important, which is build projects. Of course. Right. Y you learn a programming language at the end, you want to be a project. So why not start building up the project from start.I'm not saying from day one, but after learning a programming language would be a syntax and then implementing all the steps. It's time to get time for you to build a project. Now it can be any project. Doesn't matter, you know, because we all have some passion to write something as like some hobby. Maybe you you like to watch movie. Maybe you'd like to read a book. Maybe. I like playing games. I maybe be your photographer.
What you can do is you can build a project for yourself. So the first project should be for yourself. Example, if you love music, make music player. if you like games, make your own game. And that would be a first step because when you are doing something by yourself, you will feel good about it. Right. And of course you will get stuck somehow because this is your first project and there's multiple way can solve.
Just go to Google and search for your problem. And trust me, Google knows everything. Right? We also have this type website stackoverflow.com which will help you with the code. Okay. Don't just copy paste the code , because that's what most people do. Try to understand the code, what they are saying. Try it out and try to customize it the way you want it. Don't just copy paste it because it might lead to bugs. And trust me, bugs are harmful.
Now, after this five steps, let me just to beat those steps. First one is practice algorithms and data structures. The second one is read other people's code. Third one is competitive programming. The fourth one is exploring other languages. And the fifth one is build A project.
So that's it from this article. I hope this article was helpful to you. Let me know in the comments section
Thanks for reading
[ ALSO READ - Improve Your Programming Skills In 5 Efficient Steps ]







0 Comments